The Colorado – Wyoming District is one of 90 districts within Optimist International in the U.S., Canada and 16 other countries
The district is composed of about 60 individual Optimist clubs in Colorado and Southern Wyoming that serve their community as a service organization under the banner “Friend Of Youth.” Optimists find personal rewards in giving back to their communities, by making a difference in the lives of others and by sharing and participating with other Optimists.
Mission: By providing hope and positive vision, Optimists bring out the best in youth, our communities and ourselves.
Vision: Optimist International will be recognized worldwide as the premier volunteer organization that values all children and helps them develop to their full potential.
Our Philosophy and Purpose
- To develop optimism as a philosophy of life
- To promote an active interest in good government and civic affairs
- To inspire respect for law
- To promote patriotism and work for international accord and friendship among all people
- To aid and encourage the development of youth in the belief that the giving of one’s self in service to others will advance the well-being of human kind, our community, and the world.
Promise Yourself –
- To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.
- To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
- To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature you meet a smile.
- To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.
About Optimist International
Optimist International is a worldwide volunteer organization made up of more than 2,500 local clubs whose members work each day to make the future brighter by bringing out the best in children, in their communities, and in themselves.